常用美国俗语530句,学习Native Speaker说英语


~


常用美国俗语530句,学习Native Speaker说英语

       1. It’up to you.听你的

  2. I envy you.羡慕(不是嫉妒)别人.

  3. How can I get in touch with you?与他人保持联系.

  4. Where is the bathroom/ladies’or men’s room?请问洗手间在哪里?

  5. What’s the weather like today?今天天气如何?

  6. Where are you headed/going?哪儿去?

  7. I wasn’t born yesterday.我又不是三岁小孩.

  8. What do you do for relaxation? 你做什么消遣?

  9. It’s a small world.世界真小.

  10. It’s my treat/It’s on me this time.这次由我请客.

  11. The sooner, the better.越快越好.

  12. When is the most convient time for you?最合适的时间.

  13. Take your time.别急.

  14. I ’ mad/crazy about her.对她着迷死了.

  15. I’m mad at him.他把我给气死了.

  16. How shall I address you? 该怎么称呼你更恰当?

  17. Would you care for a cup of coffee/tea?要杯咖啡吗?`

  18. She turns me off.她使我厌烦.

  19. So far, so good.目前一切正常.

  20. It drives me crazy/nuts.把我逼得快疯了.

  21. She never showed up.他一直没有露面.

  22. That ’s not like him/characteris of him.那不象是他平常的作风.

  23. I couldn’t get through.电话打不通.

  24. I ’m getting sick and tired of living out of a suitcase.厌烦离家太久了.

  25. Be my guest.请便.

  26. Can you keep an eye on my bag?帮我看一下包好吗?

  27. Let’s keep in touch.保持联系.

  28. Let’s call it a day.停止工作.

  29. I couldn’t help it/myself.我无能为力.

  30. Something’s come up.有点事.

  31. Let’s get to the point./don’t beat around the bush.别拐弯抹角,打开天窗说亮话.

  32. Keep that in mind.切记.

  33. That was a close call.侥幸.

  34. I’ll be looking forward to it.非常期盼.

  35. Chances are slim.几率不大,很渺茫.

  36. Far from it.绝不!

  37. I’m behind in my work.工作速度落后,许多工作待办.

  38. It’s a pain in the neck.令人头痛的.

  39. We’re in the same boat.同病相怜.

  40. My mouth is watering.嘴谗,想吃.

  41. What do you recommend?推荐,建议.

  42. I ache all over.全身酸痛.

  43. I have a runny nose.流鼻水,伤风感冒.

  44. It ’s out of the question.不可能的.

  45. Do you have any openings?求职,有空缺吗?

  46. It doesn’t make any differences.无所差异.

  47. I am fed up with him.我受够了.

  48. You can count on us.信赖

  49. It doesn’t work.行不通.

  50. It is better than nothing.总比什么都没有要强.

  51. Think nothing of it/don’t mention it.没事儿.

  52. I am not myself today.身心不适.

  53. I have a sweet tooth.喜吃甜食.

  54. I can’t express myself very well in English.不能用英语很好地表达.

  55. For the time being.目前.

  56. This milk has gone bad.牛奶坏了.

  57. It’up in the air.尚无定论.

  58. That is beyond me/way over my head.无能为力,无法效劳.对我而言这实在太难了.

  59. It slipped my mind.忽略了.

  60. You can’t please everyone.你不可能讨好每一个人.

  61. I’m working on it.我正在办理.

  62. You bet!当然.

  63. Drop me a line.写一两句给我就行了.

  64. Are you pulling my leg?你在开我玩笑吗?

  65. Sooner or later.迟早会发生的.

  66. I’ll keep my ears open.我会留意的.

  67. It isn’t much.微不足道.

  68. Neck and neck.不分上下.

  69. I’m feeling under the weaher.身体不适.

  70. Don’t get me wrong.不要误解我.

  71. I’m under a lot of pressure.责任很重.

  72. You’re the boss.听你的,由你做主.

  73. It doesn’t make any sense!讲不通,不合理.

  74. If I were in your shoes.异地而处.

  75. What does this regard!这是甚么?

  76. Over my dead body!休想!

  77. Can you give me a hand?你能帮个忙吗?

  78. We have thirty minutes to kill.我们有三十分钟空闲时间.

  79. Whatever you say.随你的便.

  80. It’ll come to me.我会记起来的.

  81. You name it!随你说,都在内的.

  82. Time will tell.事情终将明朗化的.

  83. Let’s play it by ear.见机行事.

  84. You should take advantage of it.利用机会.

  85. Let’s talk over coffee.利用喝咖啡时间谈谈.

  86. Take it easy.放轻松点.

  87. I’m easy to please.不挑剔,随和.

  88. Let’s give him a big hand.让我们热烈鼓掌.

  89. As far as I’m concerned.就我而言.

  90. I’m all mixed.我给搞糊涂了
~
~
  91. Let’s get together one of these days.找个机会聚聚.

  92. He is behind the times.落伍.

  93. I’m pressed for time.没空,太忙了.

  94. I’m up to my ears in work.忙的不可开交.

  95. You can’t do this to me.你不能这么对我.

  96. Just to be on the safe side.比较保险的做法.

  97. I hope I didn’t offend you.希望没有冒犯你.

  98. I won’t take much time.不会花很多的时间.

  99. It’s been a long time.好久了.

  100. It’s nothing,没事儿.

  101. It’s a long story.说来话长.

  102. It’s about time.差不多到时间了,事情该发生了的.

  103. It’s incredible.难以置信.

  104. It’s hard to say.难说.

  105. I can’t imagine why.我想不通为什么.

  106. That can’t be.不可能.

  107. That’s really something.真了不起.

  108. Are you sure?肯定?

  109. Are you crazy?你疯了?

  110. Excuse me for a moment.失陪一会儿.

  111. I mean it/I’m serious/I’m not kidding!不是开玩笑的.

  112. I’ll consider this matter.会考虑这件事的.

  113. I’ll do something about it.会设法处理的.

  114. I’m afraid I can’t.恐怕我不能如你所愿.

  115. I’m dying to see you.真想见你.

  116. I’m flattered.过奖了.

  117. I’m not in the mood.没心情.

  118. I’m so scared.怕极了.

  119. I can’t make it.去不了,赶不上,无法达成.

  120. You can never tell.把不准.

  121. I don’t buy your story.不信.

  122. Ie hurts like hell!疼死了.

  123. It can’t be helped.无药可救.

  124. Sorry to bother you/to have botherd you.打扰了.

  125. He’s always punctual.准时.

  126. Leave it to me.交给我来办.

  127. I wish I could.不行(委婉表达法)

  128. What’s the rush?忙啥啊?

  129. What’s so funny?什么这么好笑的?

  130. I couldn’t agree more.十分同意.

  131. Stay out of this matter,please.请别管这事.

  132. Don’t just shake your head.别光摇头,想想办法.

  133. Don’t jump to conclutions.别光摇头,想想办法.

  134. Thay was a lousy movie.电影糟透了.

  135. Have you thought about staying at home?是否考虑在家呆着.

  136. I’ll be here,I give you my word.向你保证我会来的.

  137. I swear I’ll never tell anyone.发誓不会告诉任何人.

  138. I’ll make it up to you.会补偿的.

  139. I’m very/really/tebbily/awfully/extremely sorry.万分抱歉.

  140. Forgive me for breaking my promise.原谅食言.

  141. Let’s forgive and forget.摒弃前嫌.

  142. I’ve heard so much about you!久仰大名.

  143. Don’t underestimate me.别小看我.

  144. She gives me a headache.她让我头疼.

  145. It’s very annoying.真烦人.

  146. He often fails to keep his words.常常不遵守诺言.

  147. You make me feel ashamed of myself.你让我感到羞愧,引以为耻.

  148. I hope it turns out all right.希望后果一切都好.

  149. I can’t handle this alone.无法单独处理这事.

  150. How long will it take to fix this radio?修理这收音机要多久?

  151. Come to me if you’re in any difficulty.有困难来找我.

  152. Who do you think you are?你算老几?

  153. You’re wasting your breath/energy.你在白费口舌/功夫.

  154. It doesn’t seem to be/doesn’t seem like.似乎不象是那样.

  155. Don’t get on my nerves!不要搅我心烦.

  156. Everying will be fine.不必担心.

  157. I’ll be ready in a few minutes.再过几分钟就好了.

  158. I wonder what happened to him.不知道他出什么事.

  159. You are just trying to save face.你只是想挽回面子.

  160. His argument doesn’t hold water.他的论点站不住脚.

  161. Your face says it all.你的表情透漏了一切.

  162. You’ve got to do something.你一定要想办法.

  163. I hope this will teach you a lesson.希望这会给你一个教训.

  164. I feel younger than ever.觉得从未如此年轻.

  165. Don’t be a wise guy.别自作聪明.

  166. I’m afraid all my efforts were in vain.担心努力白费了.

  167. What happened to your memory?你怎么连这也给忘了?

  168. You’re going too far!太过分了!

  169. Don’t bury your head in the sand.不要逃避现实.

  170. I have no other choice.别无选择余地.

  171. I don’t have the nerve to do it.没胆子去做.

  172. It’s a matter of life and death.事关重大.

  173. Nothing works.什么都不行,无效.

  174. Money comes and goes.钱财乃身外之物.

  175. He’s been behind bars for almost 30 years.

  176. I couldn’t care less.不在乎.

  177. You have my word.保证.

  178. He hit the ceiling at the news.暴跳如雷,大发雷霆

  179. I don’t mind staying up late.不在乎熬夜.

  180. You’re too outspoken.你太直率了.

  181. I can’t afford it.负担不起.

  182. I think it’s a reasonable price.觉得价钱合理,不太贵.

  183. I’d like to try on these hats.想试试这些帽子.

  184. He puts me to shame.他使我不好意思,比他差的太多了.

  185. Every dog has his day.每个人都有得意的时候.

  186. Don’t give me any excuse.不要给我任何籍口.

  187. Are you out of your mind?你疯了吗?

  188. He’s been everywhere.他到处都去过了.

  189. What’s bothering you?什么在困扰你?

  190. Who is to blame?该怪谁?

  191. There’re a lot of rumors going around.很多谣言流传着.

  192. I don’t feel up to it.觉得不能胜任,愿意接受.

  193. I’m mad at myself.生自己的气,非常后悔.

  194. It’s pouring out there.外头下着倾盆大雨.

  195. The sky is getting very cloudy.天空的云越来越多了.

  196. You won’t get away with this/he gets away with murder.逃不掉责任.

  197. Who am I supposed to see?我应该去见谁?

  198. His idea is childish.想法很幼稚.

  199. I need some small change.需要零钱.

  200. Don’t try to brainwash me.别想说服我.

  201. I don’t seem to have any luck today.今天运气不佳.

  202. That reminds me.那提醒了我.

  203. What the hell are you doing?你到底在干什么?

  204. I can’t seem to get to sleep.失眠.

  205. You look very serious about something.你似乎心情繁重.

  206. I hope I’m not in the way.希望不妨事.

  207. What are you so excited about?什么事让你如此兴奋?

  208. Tell me about your troubles.把你的烦恼告诉我.

  209. I feel much better now.我感觉好多了.

  210. I hope you will get well soon.希望你很快复原.

  211. She is sick in bed.卧病在床.

  212. I have a slight fever.轻度发烧.

  213. A fool never learns.朽木不可雕.

  214. This si the schedule for tomorrow.这是明天的日程安排.

  215. How late are you open?你们营业到多晚?

  216. I’m here on business.来这里办公事.

  217. What’s Hong Kong famous for?香港是以什么闻名的?

  218. What brings you to Beijing?什么风把你吹到北京来的?

  219. She looks blue.满脸忧伤.

  220. I just don’t know what to say.不知道该说什么.

  221. Let’s have fun tonight.今晚让我们乐一乐.

  222. Thank you for coming to see me off.谢谢你来为我送行.

  223. It dawned on me.使我警觉到.

  224. You can say that again/ I couldn’t agree you more.同意所言.

  225. On a clear day you can see forever.天空精神爽.

  226. What goes up must come down.天理循回,报应难逃.

  227. A penny saved is a penny earned.节俭成富.

  228. He is a jerk.混球.

  229. I’ll bet/you bet.肯定的.

  230. He won the game hands down.轻而易举. 
~
~

  231. Don’t horse around.别胡来乱搞.

  232. He is gung-ho on getting the job done.热衷,决心.

  233. The deal smells fishy.疑虑有问题.

  234. She is a night owl/an early bird.夜猫子/早起鸟.

  235. Playing the role of devil’s advocate can be dangerous.唱反调.

  236. Dib’t pamper/spoil your kids,or you’ll be sorry.宠坏了.

  237. I’ll have to face the music once the deadline arrives.面对现实.

  238. That’s not my cup of tea.喜好.

  239. I was lost in thought.丧失了思路.

  240. What you see is what you get.真材实料.

  241. The buck stops here.责任所在.

  242. He is a black sheep in the family.败家子.

  243. She kept her chin up during adversity.在逆境中保持昂扬的精神.

  244. He is brutally honest about that.极其诚实.

  245. He has discriminating taste.内行,懂得欣赏或分辨好坏口味的能力.

  246. What in the world came over you?你怎么回事了?

  247. Never compromise your principles.绝不牺牲原则.

  248. Perception is reality.人言可畏.

  249. The end justifies the means.不择手段.只问结果,不问过程.

  250. Let’s make a deal/that’s a deal!交易/成交.

  251. He is full of baloney.喜欢吹牛,胡言乱语.

  252. She is absolutely gorgeous/adorable/charming!太漂亮/可爱/吸引人了.

  253. I’m doomed.完了,惨了.

  254. He conked out after work.累睡了.

  255. You are in great shape/you are in.没问题,身体状况良好/入闱了.

  256. He is sophisticated.有涵养,世故的.

  257. Is Mr.Zhang available?张先生在/有空吗?

  258. Please contact us when you are in town.到此时,请与我们联络.

  259. I would like to make an appointment to see Dr.Li.约见.

  260. We plan to throw a potluck dinner as a surprise farewell party for Ms.Wang.打算以聚餐方式给王女士一个惊喜的惜别会.

  261. May we be excused for a monent ,please?请暂时离开我们一会.

  262. Keep your fingers crossed.祝好运.

  263. Can I get back with you in a couple of days?一两天后回音,行吗?

  264. The construction noise goes on day in and day out.噪音昼夜不停.

  265. Sorry,I have no comments.无可奉告.

  266. The plane will take off in 15 minutes.起飞.

  267. This is not the issure.问题症结.

  268. It is a mad house.乱七八糟,一团糟.

  269. We have been together through thick and thin.同甘共苦.

  270. We appreciate your hospitality and kindness.谢谢款待.

  271. It’s my pleasure/honor.荣幸受邀.

  272. How’s it going/what’s up?如何?

  273. Give me a break!别胡扯了,饶了我吧!

  274. What’s on your mind?在想什么?

  275. I am wondering if it might rain.不知会否下雨.

  276. He was considered a dark horse in the race for CEO.原以为没希望.逐鹿执行长成功的候选人.

  277. Fly-by-night.不可靠的,不可信任的.

  278. Nervous wreck.紧张,激动.

  279. Pull thronught.脱险,度过难关.

  280. Thumb though.匆匆的翻读.

  281. Lose one’s shirt.一文不剩.

  282. Mess around with.瞎搞,胡来.

  283. Touch and go.情势危急,不稳.

  284. The handwriting is on the wall.显而易见的结果.

  285. Spread oneself too thin.过劳.

  286. Rundown.精疲力竭,破败不堪.

  287. We look forward to the dawn of better days.期待好日子的来临.

  288. Variety is the spice of life.多姿多彩.

  289. Two of a trade never agree.同行是冤家.

  290. You little devil!你这淘气鬼.

  291. Oh boy/oh man!天啊;ouch好痛啊;buzz off.别喋喋不休了.

  292. That makes sense.可以理解,蛮有道理.

  293. You said it.你说对了.

  294. I really need to blow off some stream!我得松懈一下.

  295. Pride feels no cold.人要图俏,冻死不叫/骄者不觉冷,俏人不穿棉.

  296. Pride comes befores the fall.骄傲常导致失败.

  297. Virtue never grows old.美德永远不会过时.

  298. He’s always punctual.他总是很准时.

  299. Don’t be so modest.别谦虚了.

  300. I’m on your side.我支持你.

  301. Well,it depends.噢,这得看情况.

  302. It’s up in the air.悬而未决.

  303. It’s the latest fashion.这是最流行的款式.

  304. For old times sake.看在旧日关系的面子上.

  305. Knock it off.少来这一套.

  306. It’s cool/neat.太酷/棒了.

  307. That will be the day.好透了,求之不得.

  308. I’m having a swell time.我玩的很开心.

  309. It’s out of the question.这是不可能的.

  310. He passed out.昏倒了.

  311. Don’t panic.别着慌.

  312. Over my dead body!休想.

  313. I decline!拒绝接受.

  314. I got a big kick out of it.令人过瘾.

  315. Don’t chicken out,be a man.不要退缩了.

  316. His words carry a lot of weight.他的话很有分量.

  317. Don’t dream away your tme.别虚度光阴.

  318. Cheer up.振作起来.

  319. It’s nothing to be surprised about.别大惊小怪.

  320. You asked for it.自讨苦吃,自己找来的.

  321. God helps those who help themselves.自助人助.

  322. You set me up!出卖,设圈套.

  323. The most difficult thing in life is to know yourself.人贵有自知之明.

  324. Misfortune might be a blessing in disguise.塞翁失马,焉知非福.

  325. I don’t think much of the movie.那电影不怎么样.

  326. Fasten your seat belt.系好你的安全带.

  327. I have a nice sum of money put away.我存了一大笔钱.

  328. Don’t trust things to chance.别碰运气.

  329. I’m just keeping my head above water.生活刚够用而已.

  330. He stands out in the crowd.显眼.

  331. Work fascinates me,I can look at it for hours.工作真有意思,尤其是作为一个旁观者.

  332. Clothes make the man.人要衣穿,佛要金装.

  333. Opportunity knocks but onces.机不可失,时不再来.

  334. I’m not good at speaking off the cuff.我不擅长即兴演讲.

  335. Shake a leg,or you’ll be left behind.快点,否则赶不上了.

  336. I’ve had it with him.我受够他了.

  337. His performance of Li Bai is top-notch.他扮演的李白极其出色.

  338. I’ll buy it.赞成,同意.

  339. I share your enthusiasm.与你有同感.

  340. Could you fill in for him?能替补他吗?

  341. I just do it by rule of thumb.我凭常识做的.

  342. I fast one day a week.每周绝食一天.

  343. He’s full of hot air/he always talks big.夸张,雷声大雨点小.

  344. He always goofs off.偷懒.

  345. It’s on the house.这是饭店免费赠送的.

  346. You should give him a piece of your mind.你该向他表达你的不满.

  347. He is green/greenhorn.没有经验/没有经验的人.

  348. Can you give me a lift?载我一程好吗?

  349. I have exam jitters.我一考试就紧张.

  350. Only he would do such a thing.除了他谁会做这种事.

  351. Wishful thinking.一厢情愿的想法.

  352. His argument doesn’t hold water.他的论点站不住脚.

  353. Great minds think alike.英雄所见略同.

  354. Keeping my fingers crossed.希冀如意.

  355. He is an operator.他是个老油条/会玩手腕的人.

  356. Let’s find a happy medium.觅求折衷办法.

  357. You’ve put your finger on it/hit the nail on the head.你说到点子上了.

  358. He jumped on the bandwagon.随大流.

  359. I’m really in a bind.左右为难.

  360. It’s selling like hot cakes.非常畅销.

  361. you’re laying it on thick.你过奖了.

  362. this makes my hairs stand on end.吓了一跳.

  363. he’s in hot water/he fell in the drink.他糟了,有麻烦了.

  364. I’m on the wagon.我戒酒了.

  365. this is beyond compare.无与伦比.

  366. tom always gets cold feet.汤姆总是裹步不前,却步.

  367. I’m fed up.受够了.

  368. I’ll see to it.我会留意的.

  369. he gets under the boss’ skin.他惹恼了老板.

  370. don’t go to pieces,she went to pieces.别慌乱了.

  371. stand on your own two feet.不要依靠他人.

  372. I’ll try to smooth things over.我会妥善处理.

  373. still water runs deep.大智若愚.

  374. it is a hard nut to crack.这是一件棘手的事情.

  375. get out of my face.滚开.

  376. you piss me off.你烦死我了.

  377. you gave it your best shot,anyway!不管怎样,你已经尽力了.

  378. cut it out.别再扯了.

  379. you’ve gone too far.你太过分了.

  380. I can’t take it anymore.我受不了了.

  381. don’t nag me.别在我面前唠叨.

  382. I guess so!我想是吧.

  383. don’t give me that song and dance routine!不要找借口.

  384. don’t try to pull the wool over my eyes!别欺瞒我了.

  385. I’m sick of it.烦腻死了.

  386. let’s put everything in blace and white!以书面报告.

  387. tom is nobody’s fool!汤姆又不是傻瓜!

  388. he is a fast talker.他老是说得天花乱坠.

  389. don’t give me a hard time!别跟我过不取好不好!

  390. I don’t like splitting hairs.我不爱斤斤计较.

  391. don’t sell yourself short.别看轻自己.

  392. try to have a mind of your own.做个有主见的人.

  393. it’s a hit.很受人欢迎.

  394. you’ve got a point there.你说得挺有道理的.

  395. you’d better wise up.放聪明点.

  396. that suits me fine!对我而言,毫无问题.

  397. she had a bad cold.他患了重感冒.

  398. a knock out.美得让人倾倒.

  399. have a short fuse.脾气火爆.

  400. watch out/look out!当心.
~
~
401. patience is a mark of confidence.耐心是自信心的一种表现.

  402. you owe me one.你欠我一个人情.

  403. once in a blue moon.稀罕.

  404. have two left feet.笨手笨脚,不会跳舞.

  405. stop and smell the roses.别太匆忙,享受生活.

  406. whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.只要你觉得某事值得去做,就一定要把他做好.

  407. early to bed,early to rise makes a man healthy,wealthy and wise.早起有益身心.

  408. it rains at intervals this month.这个月不时地下雨.

  409. this movie is too realistic,I don’t care for it.这部电影太写实了,我不喜欢.

  410. a day is a miniature of eternity.(Emerson).一天是永恒的缩影.(爱默生)

  411. maybe I could run some errands for you.为你做些琐事.

  412. garbage in ,garbage out.粗工不出细活.

  413. what goes up must come down/goes around comes around.怨怨相报,天理不变.

  414. whatever!随你!

  415. raising eyebrow.惊世骇俗.

  416. that’s the rock bottom price.不能更便宜了.

  417. this is the bottom line.最终目的.

  418. it’s on my fingertip/on the tip of my tongue.呼之欲出的话.

  419. this is a dog-eat-dog world.竞争激烈,人情淡薄的社会.

  420. I’m on a shoestring budget.资金微薄.

  421. his business flourshed based on word of mouth.口碑相传.

  422. he looks,but does not see;hears,but does not listen.视而不见,听而不闻.

  423. that is a pirate edition of the record/counterfeit.盗版唱片.

  424. he is a shrewd businessman.精明的生意人.

  425. let’s face it.事实如此,无用多说.

  426. a screwy mess.一团糟.

  427. go ahead!依此进行.

  428. this store si mobbed.店铺里挤满了人.

  429. I’ll give it a shot/try.满试一下.

  430. when it rains,it pours.屋漏偏逢连夜雨.

  431. he is a con man/artist.骗子.

  432. don’t give a damn.毫不在乎.

  433. hitchhiking could be dangerous.搭便车.

  434. he is a down-to-earth person.很实在的人.

  435. she blew the whole thing out of proportion.言过其实.

  436. a hearing-imaired man is a disabled person.听力不良也属残障的.

  437. I did not mean it that way,implicitly or explicitly.不论明指或暗示,都非此意.

  438. the reception of his speech was lukewarm.反应不佳.

  439. misery loves company.同病相怜.

  440. lo and behold,it turns just as expected.真妙,事如所愿.

  441. this is a dog-eat-dog world/you are in a shark-infested water.世态险恶.

  442. you are pushing the envelope/limit.逼上梁山,迫使.

  443. reaching for the sky/striving for excellence.百尺竿头,精益求精.

  444. practice more get luckier/practice makes perfect.熟能生巧,努力带来幸运.

  445. eat to live,not live to eat.饮食是为生存,活着并不只是为吃喝.

  446. the salespeople are told to wear a smile all the time.面带笑容.

  447. fail to plan is planning to fail.不预作计划,必遭失败.

  448. finger pointing.指控,卸责.

  449. scapegoat/sacrificial lamb.替罪羊,whistle blower.发布内部黑幕的人.

  450. we must fight for our right.争取权益.

  451. take it easy!别太紧张,放轻松点.

  452. be good!别惹祸,安分点.

  453. when it rains,it pours.屋漏偏逢连夜雨.

  454. logo标识.brand 品牌.trademark 商标.

  455. how do you like that/how about that!不错吧!

  456. no way/forget it!不行.

  457. read bdtween the lines.话中有话,法规中的漏洞.

  458. bron with a silver spoon in his/her mouth.天之娇子.

  459. rag to riches.赤贫致富.

  460. dime a dozen.不值钱的东西.

  461. penny saved is a penny earned.节俭是美德.

  462. an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.以牙还牙.

  463. he wouldn’t give you the time of a day.吝于帮助人的家伙.

  464. a good samaritan.乐于助人的陌生人.

  465. comparing apples to oranges.牛马不相及.

  466. a square peg in a round hole.牛马不相及,格格不入.

  467. unconscionable act/person.没良心.

  468. may I bother/interrupt/impose upon you,please?打搅,麻烦人.

  469. window-shopping is a popular way to kill time.逛街打发时间.

  470. traffic jams during rush hours are common on the beltway.尖峰时间环城公路堵车.

  471. talk show host.交谈节目主持人,news reporter/correspondent.新闻记者,news anchorperson.新闻主持播报人.

  472. shooting the breeze.闲聊.

  473. Fresh breeze/fresh breath of air.新作风.

  474. don’t behave like/act like a pest.别做令人讨厌的人.

  475. walk the talk/put the money where your mouth is.说话算数,以身作则.

  476. bite the bullet/lick your wounds.打破门牙含血吞,坚忍.

  477. hit/bite the dust.到了末日。



  478. on the line.存亡关头。

  479. eat your heart out!让人羡慕死了。

  480. give me some pocket money.零用钱。

  481. jew down the price.讨价还价。

  482. square deal.公平的买卖。

  483. he is a bean counter.管财务的人。

  484. ask for it/trouble.自讨苦吃,自找麻烦。

  485. shy away from.避免。

  486. don’t get carried away.丧失自制。

  487. he conked out at sht show.睡着了。

  488. her sheer determination brought her the result she wanted at last.坚定不移的决心。

  489. do the dirty work.做没人爱做的事。

  490. root for the underdog.支持弱者。

  491. get down to the nitty-gritty.处理细节。

  492. hang in there.不放弃。

  493. jaywalking can be downright dangerous.违规穿越马路是极其危险的。

  494. book a flight.订机票。

  495. make an appointment.约时间。

  496. schedule a meeting.定会期。

  497. reserve a room.订房间。

  498. settle a dispute.解决纷争。

  499. take a break.小休。

  500. run an errand.办杂务。

  501. have fun.乐乐。

  502. flag a cab.打的。

  503. visite a doctor.看医生。

  504. call a cop.找警察。

  505. commit suicide.自杀。

  506. commit a crime.犯罪。

  507. learn a lesson.学了乖。

  508. catch a cold.着凉。

  509. beg your pardon.请原谅。

  510. make a move.行动。

  511. go figure.去想想吧。

  512. lend a hand.帮助。

  513. place an order.订货。

  514. take a seat.入座。

  515. pay a visite.造访。

  516. flush the toilet.放冲马桶。

  517. buy some time.拖延。

  518. seize the opportunity.掌握机会。

  519. feed the need.提供所需。

  520. mind your own business.别管闲事。

  521. break the law.犯法。

  522. shoot movies.拍电影。

  523. cut your losses.减少损失。

  524. weight the cost.衡量得失。

  525. gather information.收集资讯。

  526. ride a bike.骑自行车。

  527. board a bus.上公车。

  528. hitch a ride.搭便车。

  529. catch a taxi.打的。

  530. con artist.招摇撞骗的人。 
~

常用美国俗语530句,学习Native Speaker说英语 常用美国俗语530句,学习Native Speaker说英语 Reviewed by leesharing on 下午7:54:00 Rating: 5
Blogger 提供支持.